Osteospermum Ecklonis Mix Seeds
- Seed quantity: 50 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Best Sowing Month: September-November, February-March
- Sowing method: Direct or seedling transplant
- Germination temperature: 15-21°C
- Germination time: 7-21 days
- Flowering season: Spring, Summer, Fall
What size grow bag is best for Osteospermum?
Osteospermum Growing Season In IndiaOsteospermum prefers mild and cool weather, it does not like hot climates, In India, you can sow the Osteospermum (African Daisy) seeds in spring, (February-March), and autumn (September-November).
How To Grow Osteospermum From SeedsYou can sow osteospermum seeds directly in pots/gardens or start with the seedling transplant method. The optimum temperature for Osteospermum seeds germination is 15-21°C.
Osteospermum Seeds Sowing MethodTake a seedling tray or small pot and fill them with potting soil mix (you can also germinate the seeds in a coco peat). Sow 1 Osteospermum seed per cell of the seedling tray and cover the seeds with a ⅛ inch thin layer of potting soil mix. Water the potting mix gently through a watering can. Osteospermum seeds need light to germinate, so place the seedling tray in a bright spot under indirect light. The Osteospermum Ecklonis seeds germinate in 7-21 days.
When the seedlings are a few inches tall, transplant them into individual pots or grow bags (at least 9 inches deep pots).
Fertilizer For OsteospermumOnly apply mustard cake, or bone meal solution as fertilizer every 15 days after transplant, it will enhance osteospermum plant blooming.
Osteospermum Plant Care TipsSoil - Use rich and well-drained soil to plant Osteospermum (African Daisy).
Water - Initially, osteospermum plants need regular water, and once established they are drought-tolerant but still need 1 inch of water per week.
Sunlight - Osteospermum (African daisy) can grow in partial shade but grows best in full sun (at least 6 hours).
Temperature - Osteospermum plant can tolerate light frost but it prefers mild weather (15-18°C) to grow.
Common pests and diseases - Due to overwatering the soil, the osteospermum plant gets infected with fungal problems, also, some of the pests that bother the African daisy plants are white flies and aphids, for this, you can use neem oil. and cutting off the infected part of the plant can prevent it from spreading the disease.
Osteospermum Bloom Time
- African daisies or osteospermum begin to bloom within 2 months after seed germination.
- They bloom in spring, summer, and fall but stop blooming during the hot summer months.
Osteospermum Plants Special Feature
- Common name - Cape daisy, daisy bushes, African daisy
- Scientific name - Osteospermum
- Height - 1-3 feet
- Level of growing - Easy
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 60mg
Net Quantity: 50N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Osteospermum
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
It's summer season seeds.it's not germinate because l had bought it in winter season
It seems almost all the seeds were germinated. Great quality.