Lettuce Iceberg Seeds (Salad patta/सलाद पत्ता के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Lettuce Iceberg Seeds: 300 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Sowing season: Throughout the year
- Seeds sowing depth: 0.5 cm
- Germination Time: 7 to 14 days
- Germination temperature: 15-25°C
- Harvesting: 65 to 80 days
- Plant vigor: Strong plant, Leaf Colour, Light Green With Off-White Centre
What size grow bag is best for Lettuce?
Lettuce Iceberg Growing Season In IndiaLettuce is typically grown in different seasons depending on the region in India. In North India, it’s a winter crop (October-February), while in central and western India, it can be grown in both winter (September-March) and post-monsoon (February-March). In southern India, it can be grown year-round.
How To Grow Lettuce Iceberg In ContainerYou can sow Salad leaves or Lettuce iceberg seeds by both direct and transplant methods. But most gardeners are recommended transplant because it gives a good environment for the plant and grows successfully. Lettuce seeds will germinate rapidly at low temperatures between 15 to 25°C.
Lettuce Iceberg Seeds Sowing MethodTo sow lettuce iceberg seeds, fill the seedling tray or small-sized pot with a growing medium then sow the seeds at a depth of 0.5 cm. Add water to the soil of the seeded pot and maintain the proper amount of moisture. It can take about 7-14 days for lettuce seeds to germinate. Within 21-25 days from seeds sowing, when the plant grows at least 5-6 inches tall at that time transplant the healthiest plant carefully. Keep the pot in partial sunlight and give water whenever you feel that the soil becomes dry.
How To Fertilize Lettuce IcebergLike other green vegetables, lettuce also needs feeds; give any organic fertilizer such as cow manure or vermicompost to the lettuce plant every 30 days.
Lettuce Iceberg Care TipsSoil – Use well-drained, cool, moist soil with organic matter for planting lettuce plants.
Water – Give proper water to the lettuce plant and always keep moist the soil; avoid overwatering.
Sunlight – Lettuce is a cool lover plant and it grows rapidly in 5-6 hours of partial shade.
Temperature – Ideal growing temperature for lettuce icebergs is 7-27°C.
Common pests and diseases – Cabbage worms, aphids, and flea beetles affect the lettuce iceberg plant growth and lettuce is infected by some diseases like Black root rot, Downy mildew, and Bacterial spot. To get rid of this problem, it would be right to spray neem oil on the lettuce plant from time to time.
Harvesting Of Lettuce Iceberg
- Within 65-80 days from seeds sowing, you can harvest lettuce when lettuce is full size but young and tender because mature lettuce gets bitter in taste.
- Lettuce iceberg can be cut once it forms a pale round head.
- Cut the lettuce head about an inch above the soil surface with a sharp knife.
Lettuce Special Features
- Common name – Loose-Leaf Lettuce, Crisphead Lettuce, Butterhead Lettuce
- Scientific name – Lactuca Sativa
- Height – Up to 20 inches
Why are my lettuce seeds not germinating?
Lettuce iceberg seeds will not germinate because of improper growing conditions like not getting enough sunlight, overwatering, or under-watering.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. Actual products may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 30mg
Net Quantity: 300N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Lettuce Iceberg
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
Super happy with the organic bazaar products best quality seeds and fertilizers. Highly recommend those who are interested in organic farming
SEEDS quality are very good All seeds are germinated I am happy with them
We are glad you got such good results. Please share images .
Itâ€™s just been 7days and I have tried growing some of the seeds and they are awesome
Lettuce icebergs is newly heard and would like try in my farm