Knol Khol (kohlrabi) F1 hybrid Seeds (Ganth Gobhi/गांठ गोभी के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Knol Khol Seeds (Ganth Gobhi ke bij): 100 Seeds
- Sowing season: September to December (Winter season)
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Mode of sowing: Sow the seeds 0.5 inches deep in a Container, or Pots.
- Germination Time: 7 to 14 days from sowing
- Germination temperature: 15-30°C
- Harvesting: 45 to 60 days from planting
What size grow bag is best for Knol khol or kohlrabi?
Knol Khol Growing Season In IndiaKnol khol is a cool-season vegetable and it cannot withstand a hot climate. The best time to sow the knol khol seeds are winter (September to December), and spring (February to March).
How To Grow Knol Khol In PotsYou can sow the knol khol seeds direct in pots or grow bags (Also, you can start in a seedling tray with potting mix or coco peat and transplant them into larger pots after the seeds germinate as the plant needs more space to grow). You can plant the knol khol in cool weather either indoors or outdoors and the best soil temperature is 15 to 30°C for the seeds to germinate as quickly as possible. Knol khol needs a high temperature during its early stage otherwise the plant will start bolting.
Knol khol (kohlrabi) F1 Hybrid Seeds Sowing MethodStart to sow knol khol seeds about 0.5 inches deep in the soil and about 3 inches apart from each seed. Add water to the soil of the seeded pot and maintain moisture. Knol khol seeds will take 1-2 weeks to germinate, so wait for the seeds to germinate.
Best fertilizer For Knol KholAdd a high nitrogen fertilizer or any organic fertilizers like vermicompost, cow manure, peat moss, etc. every few weeks to the knol khol plants.
Knol Khol Plant Care TipsSoil – knol khol prefers sandy loam to clay loam soil with PH levels of 5.5 to 7.0.
Temperature– knol khol grows best in cool temperatures ranging from 15 to 25°C.
Sunlight – You can give full or partial sunlight. Knol khol needs at least 6-8 hours of full light in a day for better growth.
Water – Knol Khol needs medium water and moist soil; water should be done when the soil feels dry and avoid overwatering.
Common pests and diseases – Cutworms, cabbage loopers, and imported cabbage worms these pests feed on the outside of the leaves. And some diseases that infect the knol khol plant are Clubroot, downy mildew powdery mildew. To be free from these pests, take care of your knol khol plants and use organic pesticides Neem oil.
Harvesting Of Knol Khol
- Within 45 to 60 days, knol khol will be ready to harvest.
- Cut the knol khol when the tubes are about 2-3 inches in diameter.
- Harvest the knol khol with a sharp scissor or knife.
Knol Khol Special Features
- Common name – Kohlrabi, Turnip-rooted cabbage, Stem turnip, Turnip cabbage, German turnip, and Ganth Gobi ((गांठ गोभी)
- Scientific name – Brassica oleracea
- Height – 7 to 11 inches
- Level of growing – Easy
In which season Knol Khol is grown?Knol khol is a cool-weather crop and cannot survive in a hot climate; winter and spring is the best season to grow the knol khol plant.
How long does it take for kohlrabi to mature?Most varieties of knol khol take 45 to 60 days from seed sowing.
Does kohlrabi need full sun?Knol khol needs 6-8 hours of sunlight but it can also tolerate partial shade.
Why is my kohlrabi not forming bulbs?Knol khol does not form bulbs when plants are planted too close to each other or in the case of poor growing conditions and nutrient deficiencies.
Is Knol Khol leaves edible?
Yes, knol khol leaves are fully edible.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 60mg
Net Quantity: 100N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Knol-Khol
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
Good packaging, 90% seeds germination rate , I have a healthy plant till now ,without much efforts. Thanks to technical support..
Thank you so much for your kind words !
I am super happy with the quality of the seeds.
Excellent seeds. Almost all the seeds germinated. Will definitely buy again when I can try again.
Not at all a summer vegetable.