Gladiolus Mix Color Flower Bulbs (10N)
About this item
- Number of Mixed Gladiolus Flower Bulb: 10N
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Bulb planting season: February to September
- Planting Temperature: 13-15°C
- Method of grown from bulbs: Directly in a pot/container or garden
- Bulb sowing depth: 1-2 inches
- Bulb spacing: 3-4 inches
- Germination Time: 14 to 21 days
- Blooming Time: Late summer to fall or frost (June to November).
- Flower Color: Mixed
What size grow bag is best for Gladiolus Flower Bulb?
When To Plant Gladiolus BulbGladiolus prefers warm climates to grow, you can grow Gladiolus bulbs in spring through early summer (February to April). In India, it grows well in the winter season (September - November) in the plains, whereas April to June is a good time to plant Gladiolus Bulbs in the hills. Since It cannot blooms continuously so you can plant Gladiolus corms every 10-15 days for continuous blooming.
How To Grow Gladiolus Bulb In PotsPlanting Gladiolus is very easy from bulbs, you can plant it directly in the garden or pot when the temperature is around 13-15°C. Spacing is very important for healthy growth, try to maintain a distance of 6-8 inches between bulbs. Plant 1-2 Gladiolus bulbs per pot to avoid crowding. Pot or grow bag of at least 9-15 inches is good for it.
How to Plant Gladiolus bulbTake a pot or grow bag and fill it with potting mix. Plant 1-2 gladiolus bulbs in the soil at a depth of 3-4 inches, with the pointed end of the bulb facing up. Spacing between the bulbs should be 6-8 inches to allow the Gladiolus plants to fully develop. Cover the soil, water deeply through a watering can, and keep the soil moist. Place the pot in a sunny place. After a few weeks, you will see that the bulbs have developed roots and have begun to sprout.
When To Fertilize Gladiolus
- Add a balanced liquid fertilizer when gladiolus plants start to emerge new shoots.
- And after that when the plant starts flowering then apply them.
Gladiolus Flower Care TipsSoil - Use well-draining but not heavy and soggy soil for planting Gladiolus. If you don't have well-draining soil, you can improve the soil by adding organic matter.
Water - Give water freely during the initial stage of the Gladiolus plant and then water weekly. Also, give water regularly during summer.
Sunlight - Gladiolus bulbs thrive in full sunlight, although they can also grow in partial shade. But try that they get 6-8 hours of sunlight every day.
Temperature - Gladiolus flower plants grow best in temperatures between 10-25°C.
Common pests and diseases - Generally, these are trouble-free plants but pests such as thrips can infest the plant, as well as some small pests that are not easily visible that infest the plant. Therefore, to get rid of these pests, use organic insecticide-neem oil.
Gladiolus Bloom Time
- Typically, gladiolus blooms from late summer to fall or frost (June to November).
- It takes 60-90 days to flower from planting but Gladiolus plants don’t bloom continuously so be patient and take care of your plant.
- You can cut the flowers in the morning or night but don’t pick them up in heat of the day. Decorate them in a vase, it can stay fresh for a few weeks.
- Remove the spent flower and prune flower stalks 2-3 inches above the soil when the gladiolus end blooms. Do not destroy the bulb, leave them in the pot or garden to grow the corm for the next year.
- Do not eat any part of the gladiolus plants as it is toxic to animals and humans.
Gladiolus Special Features
- Common name - Sword lily, marsh gladiolus, glads
- Scientific name - Gladiolus palustris
- Height - 2 to 5 feet
- Level of growing - Easy
- Companion planting - Dahlias and peonies
How many times will gladiolus bloom?Gladiolus usually blooms only once a year. You can plant gladiolus bulbs every few weeks from spring to early summer for continuous blooms.
Does one gladiolus bulb produce one flower?
Yes, a bulb only produces one flower spike each year and if the bulb is large, your gladiolus may produce more than one spike.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. Actual products may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 200g
Net Quantity: 10N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Gladiolus-Bulb
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001