Dahlia Variabillis Figaro Type Imperial Mix Seeds
- Seed quantity: 50 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Sowing season: Spring or Fall
- Sowing method: Seedling transplant
- Mode of sowing: Sow the seeds 0.4 inches (1.2 cm) deep in a seedling tray
- Germination temperature: 18-25°C
- Germination time: 5 to 14 days
- Blooming time - Late summer to winter (after 100-120 days from sowing)
What size grow bag is best for Dahlia?
Figaro Dahlia Growing Season In IndiaDahlias are warm-season flowering plants and will not grow well in extremely cold climates. You can sow dahlia seeds in the spring when the weather is warm, apart from September to October in the plains, and April is the best month for the hilly region.
How To Grow Figaro Dahlia From SeedsThe seedling transplant method is mostly recommended for dahlia planting, but if you live in an area with a long growing season, you can sow dahlia seeds directly. Do not plant dahlias in cold soil, otherwise, the seeds will not grow well. The optimum germination temperature for dahlia seeds is 18-25°C. To plant dahlias in containers, you'll need a pot or grow bag at least 6-24 inches wide and 9-12 inches deep.
Dahlia Variabillis Figaro Type Imperial Mix Seeds Sowing MethodTake a seedling tray and fill it with potting mix. Sow dahlia seeds 0.4 inches (1.2 cm) deep in the soil, water deeply through a watering can, and keep the soil moist. Dahlia seeds require light to germinate so place the pot in a sunny location. Dahlia seeds germinate for about 5-14 days, they can germinate early or late depending upon growing conditions.
Transplant the dahlia seedlings into a larger pot or grow bag when they are a few inches tall. But before transplanting, harden them for a week to give them a favorable environment. For healthy growth, plant 1-2 plants in a pot and add organic manure to the soil during planting.
Fertilizer For Dahlia Flower Plants
- To encourage more blooms of dahlia, add phosphorus-rich fertilizers to the soil.
- Do not add nitrogen fertilizer to the dahlia plant as this can promote more foliage and fewer blooms.
Dahlia Plant Care TipsSoil - Dahlia thrives in rich, well-drained, and loamy soil and grows nicely in neutral soil with a ph of around 6.5.
Water - Dahlia plants don't require a lot of water, with an inch of water is enough once established the plant. However, it does require regular watering and consistent soil moisture on hot days.
Sunlight - 6 to 8 hours of sunlight is perfect for growing dahlia plants.
Temperature - the ideal growing temperatures for dahlia flower plants are 20-26°C and the plant stop flowering when the temperature is up to 32°C.
Common pests and diseases - Pests like aphids, thrips, and mites attack the dahlia flowers, and diseases such as stem rot, and mosaic virus infect the plants. You can remove infected leaves or plant parts and spraying neem oil on the plants is good for protecting your dahlia plants from pests.
Dahlia Figaro Blooming Time
- It usually takes 100-120 days for a dahlia flower to bloom from seed.
- It blooms from late summer to winter (or the first frost).
- You can pluck dahlias early in the morning and decorate them in a vase.
Dahlia Flower Plant Special Features
- Common name - Dahlia, and garden dahlia
- Scientific name - Dahlia
- Plant height - 15 inches to 6 feet
- Level of growing - Medium
What do you do with dahlias when finish flowering?When dahlias stop flowering, you can plant new dahlias or uproot the entire plant to save the tubers and use them for next season's plants.
Do I Deadhead dahlias?Yes, it is necessary to deadhead (remove) the withered or dried flowers for the dahlias to bloom longer.
Why are my dahlias not flowering?Often dahlia plants do not bloom due to less watering or complete drying of the soil. Therefore, don't let the soil dry out and keep the soil moist for healthy blooms.
How do I protect my dahlias in the winter?You can place the pot indoors over the winter or mulch the dahlia plant to protect it from cold weather.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 45mg
Net Quantity: 50N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Dahlia-Variabillis
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
Almost all seeds germinated and flowering so beautifully without even any fertilizer.
best germination in just 12 days