Crocosmia Montbretia Flower Bulbs
About this item bulbs
- Number of Crocosmia Flower Bulbs: 05N
- Bulb planting season: (February to May) & (September to October)
- Planting Temperature: 15°C to 30°C
- Method of grown from bulbs: Directly in a pot or garden
- Bulb sowing depth: 3-4 inches
- Bulb spacing: 6-8 inches
- Germination Time: 14 to 21 days
- Blooming Time: Spring and summer
- Flower Color: Red
What size grow bag is best for Crocosmia Bulb Flower?
How To Grow Spider Lily
Choose the Right Location:
- Select a location with well-draining soil that receives full sun to partial shade. Crocosmia plants perform best in these condition.
- Spring Planting: Plant Crocosmia corms in the spring after the last frost, typically from March to May.
- Fall Planting: In regions with harsh winters, plant in early fall, about 6-8 weeks before the first expected frost, which is typically from September to October.
- Plant Crocosmia corms (similar to bulbs) in the spring or early fall. The corms should be planted 3 to 4 inches deep and spaced about 6 to 8 inches apart.
- Keep the soil consistently moist, especially during the growing season. Water deeply when the soil surface starts to dry. Be cautious not to let the soil become waterlogged.
- Fertilize your Crocosmia plants in the spring with a balanced, all-purpose fertilizer to promote healthy growth and blooming. Follow the package instructions for application rates.
- Deadhead (remove) spent flowers to encourage more blooms. In late autumn or early spring, cut back the foliage to the ground to promote new growth and tidy up the plant.
- Crocosmia can be propagated through division. Divide mature clumps every few years in the spring to ensure vigorous growth.
Pest and Disease Control
- While Crocosmia is generally resistant to pests and diseases, keep an eye out for common garden pests like aphids and slugs, and address them promptly if they become a problem.
Winter Care (for cold climates)
In regions with cold winters, provide a layer of mulch or straw to protect the corms from frost. In colder zones, you might need to dig up the corms before winter and store them in a cool, dry place until the next growing season.
Crocosmia Special Features
- Common name – Coppertips, montbretia, falling stars
- Scientific name – Crocosmia aurea
- Height – 1 to 4 feet
- Level of growing – Easy
When do Crocosmia plants bloom?
- Crocosmia typically bloom in the summer, with the exact flowering time depending on the variety and local climate. The peak bloom period is often in July and August.
How do I care for Crocosmia?
- Proper care involves planting in well-draining soil, providing adequate sunlight, regular watering, and occasional fertilization. Maintenance includes deadheading spent flowers and cutting back the foliage.
Can I grow Crocosmia in containers or pots?
- Yes, Crocosmia can be grown in containers or pots, provided the container has good drainage and the plants receive adequate care.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. Actual products may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight :
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Crocosmia
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001