Chia Seeds for Kitchen/Terrace Garden (चिया के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Chia Seeds (chia ke beej): 1000 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Growing season: Winter Season
- Sowing method: Direct or seedling method
- Germination temperature: 15 to 24°C
- Germination Time: 5-7 days
- Seeds Harvesting: Within 4-6 months
- Edible parts: Seeds are edible
What size grow bag is best for the Chia plant?
Chia Plant Growing Season In IndiaChia prefers a cool climate and warm soil to germinate; Late August to October is the best time to sow chia seeds in India. Soil with good drainage is preferable, and the pH level should ideally be between 6 to 8.5 for optimal results.
How To Grow Chia Seeds plantYou can grow chia plants directly in any pot or start indoors using the seedling method. Annual herb chia plant grows very large and needs lots of space so it is not suitable in small pots/grow bags, you need to provide sufficient space for your chia plants. The optimum temperature for the germination of chia seeds is 15-24°C.
Chia Seeds Sowing MethodSelect a pot/grow bag and fill them with a sowing medium (like potting mix or a mixture of cow manure, vermicompost, and cocopeat). Spread the chia seeds on it, then covered a thin layer of soil above the seeds. Give light water or sprinkle some water through a water sprayer and keep the soil moist. Chia seeds will be germinated within 5-7 days (depending on growing conditions).
How To Fertilize Chia Seeds PlantChia plant does not need much feed if you already used organic fertilizers before seed sowing. Apply any nitrogen-rich liquid fertilizer to your chia plants.
Chia Plant Care TipsWater – Give regular water until plants are established after that give water as per needed, and keep the soil moist not soggy.
Soil – Chia plant can grow in all types of soil but it prefers clay, sandy and well-drained soil.
Sunlight – Chia plants grow quickly in 6-8 hours of direct full sunlight.
Temperature – Optimum temperature for a chia plant is between 10-32°C.
Common Pests and Disease – Chia plant is infected by root rot and stems rot but the cucumber mosaic virus is the most common plant virus which is spread by aphids. Use organic pesticide neem oil for your chia plants and make them free from diseases and insects.
Chia Plant Flowering TimeChia plants start flowering after 3 months of planting. They are pollinated by insects or they will also self-pollinate. The small chia seeds will form in the heads of the flowers.
Chia Seeds Harvest Time
- You can harvest chia seeds from flowers within 4-6 months.
- Harvest when most of the petals have fallen off the flower, don’t wait until the flower heads brown you may lose the chia seeds.
- Use a gardening scissor and cut the entire flower's head off the chia plant and dry them, after drying out crush the flower's head with your hand to separate the seeds.
- You can store chia seeds for 2-3 years.
Chia Seed Plant Special Features
- Scientific name – Salvia Hispanica
- Hindi name - चिया
- Height – Above 6 feet
- Flower color – Purple and white
- Growing level - Easy
Are chia leaves are edible?Yes, chia leaves are high in protein and nutrients and can be eaten in salads or used as spinach.
Why are my chia plant seeds not germinating?
Chia plant seeds will not germinate because of improper growing conditions like not getting enough sunlight, sowing seeds too deep in the soil, over watering or under watering.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 1g
Net Quantity: 500N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Chia-Seeds
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001