3 Different Varieties of Onion Seeds Combo Pack
About this itemRed Onion Seeds - 1 packet of 200 Seeds
Onion White Globe Seeds - 1 packet of 500 Seeds
Yellow onion seeds - 1 packet of 1000 Seeds
What size grow bag is best for Onion?
What size grow bag is best for Yellow Onion?
Onion Plant Growing Season In India
onion grows quickly in mild, gentle weather that is not too rainy, too cold, or too hot. The best month to sow onion seeds is from September-December in hilly areas and June to July or September to November in plain areas.
How To Grow Onion
Starting in the seedling tray and then transplanting them into big pots is the best way to sow onion seeds. The onion needs at least 13°C for seed germination. Take a seedling tray or small size pots up to 3 inches deep, fill them with a growing medium, and spread the onion seeds on it, then cover a thin layer of soil above the seeds. Give deep water through a water sprayer. Place the seedling tray in a sunny spot and keep the soil moist. Onion seeds can take 1-2 weeks for germination. Transplant the seedling after 25-30 days from seed sowing into big pots about 2-3 inches deep in the soil and 4-5 inches apart.
How To Fertilize Onion Plant
Onions need much feed to grow well, apply compost tea or nitrogen-rich liquid fertilizer in every 2 weeks for your yellow onion plants.
Onion Plant Care Tips
Water – onion does not require too much water, give water once a week or when you feel the soil is dried.
Soil – Use loose, fertile, well-drained, and nitrogen-rich soil for getting the best result from the yellow onion.
Sunlight – onions prefer full direct sunlight (at least 6-8 hours).
Temperature – The optimum temperature for growing yellow onion is between 20-25°C.
Common pests and diseases – Fungal diseases like Damping Off and Purple Blotch and pests like Thrips and Eriphyid mites infected onion plants. Use neem oil to avoid these insects or pests.
Onion Harvest Time
- Your onion will be ready to harvest in mid to late summer within 4 to 5 months from seed sowing.
- Harvest onion in the morning when the temperature is cool.
- You can see the top of the onion bulb popping out of the soil.
- Ripe onion can rot easily on rainy days so make sure to harvest yellow onion quickly.
Onion Plant Special Features
- Common name – Bulb onion, peeli pyaj (पीली प्याज)
- Scientific name - Allium cepa
- Height – 2 to 3 feet
- Level of growing - Medium
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight :
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : onion-bundle
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001