Garlic Chives is a perennial winter season herb plant that forms bulbs and has grass-like leaves. It is a member of the onion family but its bulb are not edible; all parts of the plant have a strong oniony scent when they are cut or crushed. The flowers are creamy-white that attract pollinators and they bloom from late summer to fall. Both the green stalks and unopened flowers are edible and can be used as an ingredient; the flowers are excellent for salads. Growing chives is very easy for both beginners and expert gardeners because it is a low-maintenance herb plant. Buy the Best Quality Garlic Chives Imported Seeds Online at the best price in India from www.organicbazar.net with a good germination rate.
About this item
- Number of Garlic Chives seeds: 100 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Sowing Season: Spring season (February-March)
- Sowing Temperature: 15 to 21°C
- Sowing method: Sow the seeds 0.5 inches deep in a Container, or Pots.
- Germination Time: 7 to 14 days from sowing
- Harvesting time: 2 to 3 months after planting
- Edible parts: Leaves and flowers are edible
What size grow bag is best for Chives?
Chives Garlic Growing Season In India
Garlic Chives is a fast-growing herbaceous plant that prefers a cool climate. Sow the chives seeds in the spring or the month of February-March, apart from this, you can also grow chives in the last rainy season (September-October).
How To Grow Garlic Chives In Pots
Sow the chives garlic seeds directly in pots or grow bags, you can also start them in a seedling tray and then transplant them after the seeds germinate. Select pots or grow bags that are at least 12-24 inches and 12-15 inches (wide and deep) that have well-draining holes. The ideal temperature for germination of chives garlic seeds is between 15°C – 21°C.
Garlic Chives Seeds Sowing Method
Take a pot or grow bag, fill them with a sowing medium and then sow the garlic chives seeds about 0.5 inches deep in the soil. Water deeply through the watering can, keep the soil moist, and place the pot in a dark place indoors. Chives seeds germinate for about 7-14 days (depending on growing conditions).
Fertilizer For Garlic Chives Plants
- For rapid growth of chives garlic herb plants, give granular balanced fertilizer to its plants at regular intervals of every 2 months.
- You can also add a nitrogen-rich fertilizer to promote the growth of the green leaves.
Chives Garlic Plants Care Tips
Soil – Use well-drained and nutrient-rich loamy soil for planting chives.
Water – Chives plant needs daily watering and excessive watering should be avoided as it can cause plant rot.
Sunlight – Chives plant requires at least 6 hours of sunlight every day.
Temperature – The optimum Chives growing temperatures are 15-30°C.
Common pests and diseases – There are no serious pests and diseases in chives plants, but even if found, spraying neem oil would be a good idea.
Harvesting Of Garlic Chives
- You can harvest tender young garlic chives about 2 to 3 months after planting.
- Cut chive leaves to about 2 inches above soil level so they continue to grow and last longer.
- You can pick the flower after it has opened.
- Regular harvesting of chives encourages plant growth.
Garlic Chives Plants Special Feature
- Common name – Chives, Chinese chives, and Chinese leek
- Scientific name – Allium tuberosum
- Height – 6 to 12 inches
- Flower color – Pink, purple or white
- Companion planting – Tomatoes, carrots, grapes, and roses
- Level of growing – Easy
What not to plant next to chives?
Chives cannot grow well near Asparagus, beans, peas, and spinach.
Where do chives grow best?
Chives grow best indoor or outdoor in full sun.
How do you know when chives are ready?
Harvest chives when they are at least 4-8 inches long.
Do chives regrow after cutting?
Chives will regrow their leaves quickly after cutting the stalk, so be sure to leave about 2 inches above soil level.
Why are my chives seeds not germinating?
Chives seeds will not germinate because of improper growing conditions like not getting enough sunlight, sowing seeds too deep in the soil, overwatering, or underwatering.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
|Country of Origin||India|
|Manufacturer||HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
|Consumer Care||Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Consumer Care Address||P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001|