Turnip Red Seeds (Laal Shaljam/ रेड शलजम के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Turnip (Red) seeds: 200 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Growing season: Throughout the year (Except mid-summer)
- Sowing method: Direct
- Seeds sowing depth: 0.5 inches
- Germination Time: 4 to 10 days from sowing
- Germination temperature: 10-21°C
- Harvesting: 45-65 days
- Plant vigor: Strong plant Round Root
What size grow bag is best for Turnip?
Red Turnip Growing Season In IndiaTurnip is a cool-season root vegetable that grows best in winter (September–January), but you can also sow the seeds in spring (February–March), late summer, and fall when temperatures are above 5°C.
How To Grow Red Turnip In PotsRed Turnip seeds should be sown directly in pots or grow bags because it is a root vegetables and may not grow well with transplants. The optimum temperature for the germination of red turnip seeds is 10-21°C. Sow the turnip red seeds about 0.5 inches deep in the potting mix at a distance of 2-3 inches from each seed. Keep soil moist and keep seedlings in a sunny spot. Turnip red seeds will germinate in 4-10 days.
When To Fertilizer Red Turnip
- Avoid adding too much nitrogen-rich fertilizer.
- Use water-soluble fertilizer during the growing time every 2 weeks.
Red Turnip Care TipsSoil – Turnips grow quickly in well-drained, sandy with high organic matter soil.
Water – Give regular water during the growing season and make sure the soil doesn’t dry out, especially the first few days. Avoid over-watering the plants as this can lead to cracking of the roots.
Sunlight – Turnip plants need at least 6 hours of direct sunlight daily but can also grow in partial shade.
Temperature – Turnips are a cool-season vegetable that grows best on a short day, the minimum growing temperature is 5°C while the maximum is 32°C.
Common pests and diseases – Aphids and flea beetles attack turnip plants. Downy mildew and bacterial diseases such as black rot and bacterial leaf spot are some common diseases that infect the plant. Use neem oil, to control these pests, and avoid putting water on the leaves to save the plants.
Red Turnip Harvesting Days and Method
- The red variety of turnips will take 45-65 days to mature. To harvest them, use a garden fork to loosen the soil around the turnip, then pull out the turnip from the soil.
- You can also harvest the greens when they grow 4-6 inches tall and leave the root intact so the plant can continue to produce.
Red Turnip Special Features
- Common name – Turnips and Shalgam (In Hindi)
- Scientific name – Brassica Rapa Subsp. Rapa
- Plant Height – 12 to 18 inches
- Level of growing – Easy
Do turnips flower?Turnip is a biennial plant that takes two years to complete its life cycle, turnips start to flower and form seeds in their second year.
Why are my turnip seeds not germinating?Turnip seeds will not germinate because of improper growing conditions like not getting enough sunlight, sowing seeds too deep in the soil, overwatering, or underwatering
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. Actual products may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 20mg
Net Quantity: 100N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
Thank you so much for your 5-star review
Huge variety in this range, especially if it is organic, germinating well, and growing smoothly, late review, because I want to watch if it is growing properly or not.. worth buying..