Sponge Gourd (luffa or gilki) Seeds (गिलकी के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Sponge Gourd seeds (gilki ke beej): 10 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Growing season: Throughout the year
- Sowing method: Direct
- Seeds sowing depth: 0.5-1 inch
- Germination Time: 7 to 14 days
- Germination temperature: 18-30°C
- Harvesting: 80 to 90 days from planting
- Plant vigor: Strong plant
What size grow bag is best for Sponge Gourd?
Sponge Gourd Growing Season In IndiaSponge Gourd can be grown year-round in India. The main growing seasons are summer (February -April), monsoon (June to July), and post-monsoon/autumn (September to October), with variations depending on local conditions..
How To Grow Sponge GourdThe sponge gourd (gilki) is a vine plant that needs more space to grow well but can easily grow easily in 15-24 inches wide and deep pots or grow bags. Develop the strong trellis support by using materials like pipes, bamboo, ropes, wires, etc., to help them grow straight and long. Sponge gourd seeds will germinate in temperatures between 18-30°C. Sow sponge gourd seeds directly in any pot/grow bag and fill them with a sowing medium. Sow 2 sponge gourd seeds at the center of a pot or grow bag about 0.5-1 inch deep in the soil. Give deep water to the soil every by using a watering can and keep maintaining moisture, the sponge gourd seeds germinated within 1-2 weeks.
How To Fertilize Sponge Gourd PlantAfter 20-25 days from sponge gourd seeds sowing, add a side dressing like homemade compost or vermicompost which provide additional nutrients to the gourd plant.
Sponge Gourd Plant Care And TipsSunlight – Sponge gourd (Luffa) prefers full sunlight for better growth.
Water – Give water to your sponge gourd plants daily on summer days and 2 days once in the winter season; keep the soil moist but not soggy.
Soil – Use well-drained loamy soil for growing sponge gourd plants.
Temperature – Ideal temperature to grow sponge gourd is 20-32°C.
Common pests – Pests like crop bacteria, leaf spots, cucumber beetles, and downy mildew are normally found in sponge gourd plants. Use organic pesticide `Neem oil’ to protect the plant from harmful pests.
Sponge Gourd Flower And PollinationWithin 50-55 days from the seeds sowing sponge gourd plant starts flowering, the male flower appears first and the female will begin with small fruit. Gourd Plant depends on pollinators to set the fruit but sometimes it may be a problem in pollination because bees or insects are less active during the monsoon season. In such a case, hand pollination can be worked.
Sponge Gourd Harvest Time
- It will take about 80 to 90 days to harvest; you can harvest the sponge gourd during the summer, rainy, or winter seasons.
- Cut the sponge gourd at the early stage, before the skin becomes thick.
Sponge Gourd Special Features
- Common names – luffa and gilki (गिलकी)
- Scientific name - Luffa aegyptiaca
- Flower color – Yellow
- Level of growing – Easy
- Height – Up to 30 feet
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. Actual products may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 80mg
Net Quantity: 10N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Sponge Gourd
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
Very good germination
Your satisfaction is our priority, and we appreciate your positive feedback.
Good quality seeds