Kale Leaf Nero Seeds (केल के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Nero Kale seeds: 250 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Growing season: Winter season
- Sowing method: Direct
- Seeds sowing depth: ¼ inch (0.5 cm)
- Germination Time: 5-10 days from sowing
- Germination Temperature: 18 to 24°C
- Harvesting Time: 60 to 90 days after sowing the seeds.
What size grow bag is best for kale?
Kale Nero Plant Growing Season In IndiaKale is a leafy vegetable that grows quickly in cool climates; The best time to sow kale seeds is the winter season from September to December. However, it can be grown in the spring months (February to March) in hilly areas.
How To Grow Kale Leaf Nero In PotsLike other leafy plants, Kale Nero seeds are also sown directly in a pot or grow bag (12-24 wide and 12-15 inches deep). You can sow kale seeds in cool weather either indoors or outdoors and the best soil temperature should be 18 to 24°C for the seeds to germinate. Select a pot or grow bag; fill it with a growing medium and sow the kale seeds at a depth of ¼ inch (0.5 cm). Add water to the soil of the seeded pot and maintain moisture. It can take about 5-10 days for kale seeds to germinate, so wait for the seeds to germinate. Water the kale plant regularly and keep seedlings in a sunny spot.
Best Natural Fertilizer For Kale
- Apply a nitrogen-rich fertilizer to encourage the growth of kale leaves every 1-2 weeks.
- For a high yield of kale plant, use an organic fertilizer like vermicompost, neem cake, mustard cake, and cow manure
Kale Leafy Nero Plant Care TipsSoil – Kale does best in loam, well-drained soil with high organic matter.
Water – Give water to the kale plant daily and maintain moisture on summer days. Give water 2-3 days per week to the soil of the plant during winter.
Sunlight – The kale plant needs 6 hours of direct sunlight but also grows well in partial shade.
Temperature – Ideal kale plant growing temperature is between 12-25°C.
Common pests and diseases – Caterpillars, aphids, cabbage worms, and cutworms are some pests that attack kale plants, and diseases such as clubroot infect the plants. The main reason for the infestation of insects is water logging in the soil and wetting of the leaves. To protect the kale plant from insects, spray neem oil on your plants.
When To Harvest Kale Nero
- You can harvest kale leaves around 60 to 90 days after sowing the seeds.
- Remember, all leaves from the kale vegetable plant must be harvested before they turn brown.
Kale Nero Plant Special Features
- Common name – Cavolo nero, Borecole, Leaf Cabbage
- Scientific name – Brassica oleracea
- Plant height – 1 to 2 feet
- Companion planting – Beetroot and Onion
Why are my kale seeds not germinating?Kale seeds will not germinate because of improper growing conditions like not getting enough sunlight, sowing seeds too deep in the soil, overwatering, or under-watering.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 90mg
Net Quantity: 250N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
As far as the packaging, delivery time and customer support through e-mail, excellent; although still I have to validate the germination rate.