Gomphrena Haageana Strawberry Seeds
- Number of Gomphrena Haageana Strawberry Seeds: 100 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or garden
- Best Sowing Season: Spring (February-April) and (September- October)
- Sowing method: Seedling transplant
- Seeds Sowing Depth: ⅛ inch
- Germination temperature: 21-25°C
- Germination time: 7 to 14 days
- Blooming time: Summer until Autumn (April to November)
What size grow bag is best for Gomphrena?
Gomphrena Haageana Growing SeasonThe growing season for Gomphrena in India typically ranges from spring to early autumn. In North India, it’s from March or April to October or November, while in the southern and coastal regions, it can be grown year-round with precautions during the monsoon season. Adapt your planting and care practices to your specific local climate.
How To Grow Gomphrena Strawberry Haageana In PotsSow the gomphrena by seedling transplant because it is best for planting it. The right time to sow the gomphrena seeds is when temperatures are about 21-25°C. You can use a pot or grow bag at least 9 to 15 inches wide and deep for planting gomphrena.
Gomphrena Haageanas Strawberry Seeds Sowing MethodTake a seedling tray and fill it with a potting mix, you can also make your own potting mix by mixing 20% cocopeat, 30% vermicompost, 30% normal soil, and 20% sand. Sow gomphrena seeds ⅛ inches deep in the soil. Keep the seedling tray in indirect sunlight. Water the soil gently through a watering can and keep them moist until germination; gomphrena globe seeds can germinate in about 7-14 days.
After seed germination when gomphrena seedlings have a few true leaves, you can transplant them into pots or grow bags. But don’t forget to harden off the seedlings before transplanting them outdoors. Plant only 1 or 2 gomphrena seedlings in each 9 inches pot or maintain a distance of about 6 inches between the plant as they will be bushy and need proper space for healthy growth. Keep the soil moist and place the pot in partial sunlight for a few days after transplanting to protect the seedling from transplant shock. After 3 days, keep the pot in full sunlight.
Gomphrena Haageana Fertilizers RequirementsSince Gomphrena strawberry is light-feeder flowering plants, you can mulch them with compost so you don't need to fertilize them.
Gomphrena (Strawberry Haageana) Flower Care TipsSoil - Gomphrena can grow in almost any type of soil but grows best in well-drained soil with a pH of 6.1 to 6.5.
Water - As we know Gomphrena is a drought-tolerant plant, but it prefers constant soil moisture. 1 inch of water per week is good for this.
Sunlight - Gomphrena thrives in full sunlight but can tolerate some shade but too much shade will make the Gomphrena plant unhealthy or weak.
Temperature - Since Gomphrena is a heat-loving flowering plant, the optimum daytime temperature is 24–26 °C while the night temperature is 18 °C.
Common Pests and Diseases - Generally, Gomphrena globe is pest resistant but some diseases infect the plant such as powdery mildew, gray mold, and fungal leaf spot. These fungal diseases mostly thrive in wet conditions.
Gomphrena Strawberry Haageanas Bloom Time
- Globe amaranth or gomphrena flower season is from Summer until Autumn (April to November).
- These are very popular cut flowers and can stay fresh in water for about a week.
Gomphrena Strawberry Special Features
- Common name - Rio Grande globe amaranth, Globe Amaranth,
- Scientific name - Gomphrena haageana
- Height - Up to 18 inches
- Level of growing - Easy
- Companion planting - Vinca, Petunia, Zinnia, Celosia
Does gomphrena strawberry Haageana come back every year?Perennial gomphrena strawberries will come back every year but if you grow them as annuals they will not come back.
Do gomphrena need to be deadheaded?
Deadheading is not necessary for gomphrena but you can do so to keep the plant tidy.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. Actual products may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 30mg
Net Quantity: 100N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001