Noniya saag is very popular green leafy vegetable in India. It has a slightly sour taste, stems are pink in colour and leaves are small. Noniya saag contain minerals like iron, magnesium and calcium and also it is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin B and Vitamin C. It is extremely low-calorie food which is very good for our health. You can easily grow noniya saag in your home garden or terrace garden. It is also one of the quickest and easiest to grow leafy vegetables. Buy the best Quality Noniya Ki Bhaji or Kulfa Seeds Online at the best price in India from www.organicbazar.net with a Good Germination rate.
About this item
- Number of Noniya (Kulfa) seeds: 5g/ 10000 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Mode of sowing: Sow the seeds 0.5 cm deep in a Container, or Pots.
- Germination Time: 4 to 10 days from sowing
- Germination temperature: 12-25°C
- Harvesting: 4 to 6 week
- Sowing season: Throughout the year, February To June (Summers), July To September (Rains)
- Plant vigor: Bushy Plants, Numerous Side Branches
What size grow bag is best for Noniya (Kulfa)?
Noniya Saag Seeds Sowing Method
You can sow noniya saag seed (as a leafy green) directly in any pot and if you want to grow noniya as microgreens then use a seedling tray. Use a seedling tray or big pots/grow bags and fill it with potting mix then sprinkle the seeds over moisture soil and gently press them in. Keep the container in a sunny place where the temperature is consistently about 23 degree Celsius (75 degree Fahrenheit). Keep the soil moist till the seeds germination period. Noniya saag or kulfa seeds will be germinate within one week.
Noniya Saag Growing Season In India
You can grow noniya saag in all the season, but noniya plant grow very fast in summer season. Noniya bhaji is heat loving plant and it cannot survive in cold climate.
Noniya Saag Plant Care Tips
- Sunlight – Noniya saag prefer full sunlight for fast growth, if noniya plant don’t get proper sunlight it will not grow well.
- Water – Don’t give over water to your noniya plants. Noniya saag likes warm weather and this heat loving noniya plant will die, if it will get too much water; providing consistent of moisture.
- Soil – Use well drained soil with ph between 5.5 to 7.5 for better result of noniya saag.
- Temperature – Best growing temperature for noniya saag is between 21-37 degree Celsius.
- Fertilizer- Noniya plant does not need any fertilizer.
- Common pests – Purslane sawfly are generally found in noniya plant. Noniya saag is infected by black stem rot disease.
Noniya Saag Harvest Time
Within 50 days, noniya saag will be ready to harvest. If you cut Nonia Saag, in the morning then its taste will be more tart and if you cut it, in the evening then its taste will be bit sweeter. You can cut a single stem of noniya at a time by sharp scissor or trim the entire plant but leave several inches at the base to re-grow the noniya saag. Noniya bhaji is a delicate plant and should be cooled immediately after harvest.
Noniya Saag Special Features
- Common name – Noniya saag, kulfa ki bhaji and Purslane
- Flower colour – Yellow
- Level of grow – Very easy
- Maintenance – Low
- Height – 12-18 inches
- Spread – 12-18 inches
- Companion planting – Basil, carrot, corn, lettuce, radish and turnips
Why are my noniya saag seeds not germinating?
Noniya saag seeds will not germinate because of improper growing conditions like not getting enough sunlight, sowing seeds too deep in the soil, over watering or under watering.
Should we keep the noniya saag plant indoor or outdoor?
Noniya saag grows quickly in outdoor because it need at least 8 hours of direct sunlight.
|Technical Details||Additional Information|